We’re recruiting a Market Stall staff member!
We are looking for someone to do 2-3 shifts per month (6-9 hours long) on Saturdays and Sundays to join our market stall team
We’re looking for a co-operatively minded person who:
- interested in good food and ideally knows a bit about/likes our bread or keen to learn about it.
- has initiative, is organised and methodical, and able to work independently.
- has great communication skills, is friendly, approachable and responsive.
- is up for working hard, shifting crates of bread around and running great market stalls
- doesn’t mind early mornings and knows Leeds pretty well.
- has a clean driving licence, been driving for at least 2 years, is 25 or over, (for van insurance purposes), and confident driving a mid-sized van.
Wages are paid 1 month in arrears and are £8.20 an hour (we have a flat wage structure – everyone gets paid the same hourly rate). The role has a holiday entitlement of 28 days pro rata. Most our stalls are in or near Leeds and they’re friendly, fun places to work!
How to apply:
Send us a short covering letter with some info about yourself, how you fit the person specification, and why you’d like to work with us to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Market Staff application’.
Get in touch as soon as possible if you’re interested! – we’re considering applications on a first come first served basis. A successful applicant will be invited to a short informal interview down at the bakery prior to starting paid training sessions.
We need someone ready and available to start training within the next few weeks – we’d like to have you ready to start working toward the end of June and throughout July.
- Horsforth – first Saturday of the month 6am – 2.30pm-ish
- Ilkley – first Sunday of the month, 7.30am – 4.30pm-ish
- Briggate – first and third Sunday of the month, split into 2 shifts 7am–1pm, 2.30pm–6pm
- Oakwood – second Saturday of the month 6am – 2.30pm-ish
- Baildon – fourth Saturday of the month 6am – 2.30pm-ish
You can find more information about our farmers markets and food festivals here
We also work at seasonal food festivals throughout the year. We’re currently staffed for the coming summer but some vacanies might crop out for these too.
Updated May 2017
Your privacy is important to us. At Leeds Bread Co-op we have a few fundamental principles. We don’t ask you for your personal information unless we truly need it. We don’t share your personal data with anyone except to comply with the law or protect our rights. We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the ongoing duration of the recruitment. If you are unsuccessful in your application, we will hold your information for up to two months before we dispose of your information.
Volunteer with us!
We have volunteer opportunities for anyone would like to learn more about bread making, improve their sourdough skills or simply fancy helping out in our bakery.
Follow this link to find out more about how the process works and to get it touch
We are always interested in hearing from experienced artisan bakers – there aren’t many out there – so it’s good to make contact. Please look below for guidance about getting in touch.We are always keen to hear from experienced artisan bakers!
If we’re not currently recruiting a baker but you’re interesting in working with us and finding out first about any future opportunities we may have, please send your CV and a brief cover email outlining your interest in Leeds Bread Co-op, and your skills and knowledge of artisan bread making and we will keep your details on file. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0113 2625155.